Have I ever mentioned how ADD I am when it comes to blogging? I always have a million ideas swirling through my head at any given moment and absolutely ZERO, NONE, NADA time to accomplish any of them…except this time…I’ve made an exception…all in the name of learning and growing.
Introducing, “The Melasma Diaries“
If you are in my private Facebook group for blogging moms, you may have noticed that I’ve dropped a few links to the blog, “Melasma Diaries” and for those of you wondering what that was all about, well I’ve started a new Passion Project.
I have Melasma, which is brown and gray patches on my face due to an imbalance in hormones, and it has plagued me for the last 8 years. There is no ‘cure’ for melasma, so I am left to figure out ways to manage and treat it on my own through diet, sunscreen, and makeup wizardry. A few months ago I stumbled upon a Facebook group of over 2500 women who also have melasma and struggle with the same self-esteem issues and frustration over the condition. I began to notice that the same questions were being asked over and over again in the group, which is why I decided to start a blog as a one-stop for all things related to melasma.
My goal with this website is not only to provide a community for others with melasma, but also to use it as a passion project where I can use the blog as a test case for my upcoming blogging program. Essentially I’m putting my money where my mouth is to prove to you that following the advice that I give in my step by step program will yield great results. My plan is to give you an update on how the new site is doing, what exactly I’m doing to make it work and how much money I’m earning each month.
What have I done so far (Week #1):
- I bought the domain name & hosting through BlueHost (you can learn how to do that here)
- Uploaded the Chic WordPress theme (the theme I use with most of my other sites)
- Created a free logo using Adobe Photoshop
- Created a Facebook Account (Melasma Diaries)
- Created a Pinterest Account (Melasma Diaries)
- Ran a Facebook Ad to increase likes (Budget $200)
- Wrote a handful of blog posts
- Contracted with a writer to write $20 for $250
- Set up a Trello board to organize my projects
- Set up an Instagram Account
- Beef up my Pinterest Profile
- Create dozens of shareable quote images for Insta & FB
- Create a content schedule to blog 3x a week
- Guest posting on other blogs
Now that the secret is out of the bag, I feel so much better…like I’m not hiding anything from you anymore. If you want to follow me along on this journey and be notified each time I make a progress update for Melasma Diaries, please sign up here.