There’s an old saying that goes like this, “You want to eat? You’ve got to fish where the fish are”. The same can be true for promoting your blog, “You want people to read your blog? You’ve got to promote it where the people are”….and the people are on Facebook! Yup..all 1 billion members of Facebook are just sitting around scrolling their newsfeed for content just like yours, so it’s important for bloggers to have a Facebook page for their blog, even if it’s brand spankin’ new!
How to set up a Facebook Page for your blog
- Go to Facebook.com/pages & click on “Create Page” in the top right corner
2. You have a few options to set up your blog depending on what category you are blogging about, however, most blogs will fall under “Brand or Product” & then scroll down the drop down menu to “Website”
3. Enter the name of your Blog & click on Get Started
4. Write a short description about what your blog is about & enter the URL (web address) of your blog in the Website field & click on Save Info
5. Next you’ll want to upload a profile picture. The best option is to go with a square photo at least 500×500 pixels. This photo can be a photo of yourself, of your logo or really anything that represents your blog. (You can also skip this step and come back later!)
6. Next, you’ll have the option to add the page to your Favorites. Your list of Favorites is available to your on your personal Facebook dashboard on the lefthand side. Essentially adding your page to your Favorites list gives you quick access to it.
7. The next step is to tell Facebook what your idea audience is for your page. You can choose to fill out the demographics information or skip. After you are done, click on Save.
8. Once you have saved your page, the last thing you will need to do is upload a cover photo for your page. The cover photo should be 851×315. Pro Tip: If you don’t have an image, you can always make one for FREE using Canva!
There you go! You now have a Facebook page to promote your blog and start to grow your community! In the next few days, I’ll be writing a blog post about how to get Facebook fans to your page! Stay tuned!