We all start blogging for different reasons, some of us want to leave our full time jobs, others need a outlet for their creative expression and some want to make a little side money for their families. While we have complete control in starting our blog….what happens AFTER you start a blog is largely in the hands of your readers, your tribe, the people you affect with your blog.
I could’ve NEVER predicted what was to come when I started a coupon blog 5 years ago. I’ve had some incredibly awesome experiences as a result of making the decision to start a blog!
Today, I wanted to share 13 totally insane things that happened to me after I started a blog.
4. I got published in People Magazine, Rachael Ray Magazine & Us Weekly
5. I gave a presentation to over 500 people and they were asking for my autograph
6. I was paid five figures to host a wine party for a brand
7. I quit my job as a marketing consultant
8. I was on the cover of Dispatch Magazine (with my hubby!)
9. I was named “Top 10 Most Intriguing Mainers” by Portland Magazine
12. I met a lot of great new blogging friends
13. I sold the blog for enough money that I didn’t have to work for a year
I’m just a girl…a mom…a wife…this list of things that happened to me…can happen to you. It’s proof that you never know where life is going to take. That opportunities are everywhere if you just open yourself up to them. If you had told me in 2010 that I would be able to quit my job, be on a reality TV and be published in national magazines, I would’ve told you that you were out of your goddamn mind, but the truth is…it happened. All within 5 years, my life completely changed because I started a blog. I hope the biggest takeaway you get from all of this is that you’ll never know until you try.
If you’ve been thinking about starting a blog, but talked yourself out of it. Stop it. Just do it…start that blog you’ve been thinking of….and then in a few months or years, come back and share with me all the amazing experiences that have come out of it.